Armadilla is an Italian non-profit organization founded in 1985 with working experience in development cooperation in the Middle East, Africa and Central America. Armadilla has been working in Syria since February 2006, mainly developing and implementing projects for the assistance and rehabilitation of children and youngsters with disability, in strict collaboration with the Syrian association Zahret Al Madan (ZAM). Since the beginning of the Conflict in March 2011, Armadilla supported ZAM in implementing activities at the ZAM Social Centre in Hajar al Aswad (now, due to the security situation, relocated in the Midan) to give a prompt reply to the emerging needs of the local community as a consequence of the impact of the on-going crisis.
Currently, Armadilla is developing and implementing both emergency and support to resilience activities in three main sectors:
- Protection activities for women, disabled children and children in need
- Rehabilitation assistance for the most vulnerable (disabled children and youngsters), through the provision of supplies and training to health workers
- Enhance the capacity of Syrian actors in the Social, Protection and Health Sector
Armadilla is member of Health and Protection Clusters in Syria, as well as of the following sub-working groups: Disability, Protection, Child Protection and GBV.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Financial Manager (RFM), the Local Administration Officer (LDO) will provide support to the effective and efficient management of the financial tasks of the Programme developed in Syria by Armadilla. The LDO will work in close collaboration with the Country Director (CD)and the Programme Assistant (PA) for effective achievement of expected results, and in informing the RFM of all the financial, administrative and logistics-related issues.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with Armadilla rules, regulations, policies and strategy.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Daily/weekly tasks related to the administrative and financial topics: bookkeeping, invoice checking, request of quotations, filing of documents.
- Support the RFM in the preparation of relevant financial reports, both internal and addressed to external donors, collecting and organizing documents related to financial, administrative and logistics topics.
- Manage local finances in absence of the RFM, in strict conformity of the General Administrative and Logistics Guidelines of the Organisation, as well as any Local Office Rules.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the activities and of the Armadilla’s efficiency in the Country.
- Contribute to ensure efficient procurement and logistical services, included logistics arrangements for the expats’ presence in the Country (e.g. visas request).
- Act as official translator (English-Arabic-English) for the RFM and other senior staff of Armadilla and other senior staff of Armadilla, if required by the circumstances
- High school diploma is mandatory.
- Preferable University degree in Economic Sciences.
- Fluent knowledge of Arabic and English, both oral and written, is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Italian will be considered as an asset.
Desired professional experience
- Working experience in one of the following sector: administration, procurement services, logistics.
- Past working experience in I-NGOs or NGOs or similar (communities, associations) will be considered as an asset.
- IT skills: good knowledge of MS Office package, especially MS Excel or similar spreadsheet.
- Planning skills
- Independent, yet respectful of hierarchy
- Nice behaviour
To apply for the position candidates are required to send a cv and a motivation letter in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting in the subject: Position 2019-SYR-#02.